Thank you for your interest in the Mid Atlantic Internship Consortium’s Internship Placement at Capitol Hill Consortium for Counseling & Consultation! As a member of MAIC, we offer a 1-year APA-accredited internship program designed to prepare doctoral psychology students to flourish independently in the field of psychology. At CCCC, our interns are given the opportunity to participate in specialized trainings, weekly didactics, individual and group supervision, community outreach, and clinical care tailored to meet the interests and professional goals of the trainee.
The internship is a year-long, full-time, 2080-hour training experience. Sites may adjust their schedules to meet training experiences for their interns. Interns are expected to accumulate their hours based on a 40–42-hour week for a minimum of 52 weeks. Overtime and/or compensation time will not be grounds for leaving an internship in less than 52 weeks. Interns who do not document 2080 hours during the training year should consult with their site supervisor(s) and the ITD to see if they may continue at a site until those hours are completed.
2. Interns must provide a minimum of 500 hours or a 1⁄4 to 1⁄2 of their time in direct client services. MAIC attempts to give interns 750 hours of client services. The rest of the time at a site is spent with training experiences, supervision, case notes, report writing, case conferences, meetings, consultation, research, etc. The site is free to develop its own individual training experiences beyond the central training, based on what it has additionally to offer and the training needs or interests of the intern(s).
3. Interns are covered by liability/malpractice insurance through TCSPP for one year of their internship. However, interns are encouraged to obtain their own liability insurance as well.
4. Member sites are not obligated to continue an intern’s stipend beyond a one-year commitment. If interns stay longer at a site by agreement, interns must provide their own malpractice insurance OR register for additional internship credit if they wish to be covered by TCSPP beyond the original internship contract dates.
- Materials can be emailed in ONE PDF to Dr. Shavonne Moore-Lobban, firstname.lastname@example.org a. Completed APPI Part I and II Application, including the - b. Cover letter: Address cover letter to Dr. Moore-Lobban and Dr. Simona Efanov (the PSS). c. Letters of Recommendation: Three letters written by someone familiar with your clinical work and who is willing to discuss internship readiness and appropriateness. d. Official Transcripts: Completed graduate courses only
- Supplemental Materials: Two completely different writing samples are also required. They may be submitted in ONE PDF with the above materials, or emailed after your interview. i. redacted assessment report ii. intervention summary or treatment plan or summary.
Book Your Appointment
Awards, Certifications & Memberships
CapitolHill Consortium for Counseling & Consultation LLC